Connected iPhone to PC, said it was synced to a different library.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Th3KaNgSt3R, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Th3KaNgSt3R macrumors newbie

So I uninstalled iTunes and installed the newest version a few days ago. Today, I tried to put some music on my iPhone but iTunes wouldn't detect my phone. So I went to Administrative tools and went to services and started Apple Mobile Device and iPod service.
    After that I reopened iTunes and it detected my iPhone. However it detected as a new iPhone and it asked me if I wanted to back it up or set up as a new phone. I chose set up as a new phone.

I then tried to drag and drop the MP3's into my iPhone's music but it wouldn't let me, a red circle with a slash appeared when I tried to drop it in. I went to the Summary tab and checked "Manually manage music and videos". I clicked Apply and it said "Your iPhone is synced with another library, you have to erase and sync."

Now this is the only computer I've ever used and I never sync my data onto my computer because I don't need to, it's a hassle and I only need my phone data on my phone.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

2. jonsuh macrumors member

The only "fix" I'm aware of is to actually erase and sync. What you can do is right click your iPhone on the left sidebar and click "Backup." That way you have a local iTunes backup.

Then unplug, plug back in, and do an erase and sync to see what you actually "lose." If you have all the apps and music on your computer, you just need to readd and reorganize them.

If you're unhappy, you can just do a restore of your backup by right clicking the iPhone on the sidebar, and "Restore from backup."

I had to do this to my wife's iPod touch to get it back in order.