Connected to network but no internet or youtube

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GetAudiHere, Aug 22, 2008.

1. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

So at my gym there is a wifi network its a 2wire network and I type admin into the passwords and it says it is connected but when i try and go to safari or youtube it says unable to connect to server. I have the ip address and stuff but the internet just doesnt work. Whats the deal? Is there anyway to get this to work? Or is it the network itself?

Also on open networks this happens sometimes too.

2. GetAudiHere thread starter macrumors regular

3. franzmueller macrumors regular

Turn your unit off/on .... when wifi is on the entire day most of the times coming back home it dosen´t work .... so got used to keep the wifi off when not needed ( and save lots of battery power ) , most of the time works great that way but in some occasions I need to to the off/on trick ....

Try it

Saludos

4. Edfrommars macrumors newbie

Have you been able to connect to YouTube before on that network? It's possible that they (the gym) might be blocking the site.

5. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

Try going stati on your touch's IP address. Manually change the IP and see if that works.

6. samwich macrumors regular

on a lot of open wi fi networks, especially in public places, they require you to go to a screen on your internet browser and "sign in". So you can be "connected" to the network, but not actually get data because you haven't gone through this process.