"Connected to the Internet", but not Connected?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kevinoh33, Jun 10, 2010.

1. kevinoh33 macrumors member

I have a 13" MacBook Pro and it is not connecting to the internet! Airport says im connected to my internet connection, but safari won't load the internet. I tried Firefox and still, the same result. I resetted the modem and the router, but still nothing. The internet connection on my other computer works fine. So I got on the Windows partition and it connects to the internet! So it's just OSX that won't let me connect cause my Windows partition works fine.

So how do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

2. celticpride678

Try removing the network in Airport settings and adding it back again.

3. kevinoh33 thread starter macrumors member

So I restarted my computer for like the 6th time and for some reason, when it loaded on the Apple Screen, there was a gray bar underneath. After it filled up, a blue screen popped up. I waited and waited for about 5 minutes and I was getting impatient, so I pressed the power button to turn off the computer. I restarted again, the gray bar was still there loading, and this time, i was only on the blue screen for about 30 seconds and my wonderful desktop loaded!

Miraculously, the Internet worked again! I didn't even do or change any of my settings or anything.

Anyone know whats going on?

Also, some pages on the internet load extremely slow and some don't even open at all until I press refresh. Some pages load fine. Why is this happening?

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

A gray bar means the OS is repairing the disk.

I would "Verify Disk" in Disk Utility. See what it returns. You may very well have a failing hard drive or some other issue with your machine.

5. kevinoh33 thread starter macrumors member

I verified the disk and repaired it. But booting up is still kind of slow.. Do you know why?