Connecting 2011 MBP to external monitor & wireless keyboard: Monitor won't wake up!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by radicaldog, Mar 19, 2011.

1. radicaldog macrumors member

I'm trying to connect my new MBP to my external monitor (via DVI). Mirroring is on. With my old MB I could just close the lid and then wake up the machine with the external keyboard and mouse. Now I do that, I hear the MBP waking up, but the display stays asleep. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

2. NOPatterson macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro won't wake up when external monitor and keyboard are connected

I am having the same problem with a new MacBook Pro where it semi-wakes up but monitor won't work. The lid is closed, external keyboard and mouse are connected and when you press a key, it 1/2 way wakes up (sound, but no video). The strange thing is it worked fine for months, and then one day it started doing this and I have to fiddle with it for 2-3 minutes by opening and closing the lid, unplugging and replugging in the DisplayPort connector. HUGE pain and can't figure out what changed.

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

3. netcastle macrumors member

I have a similar problem. I am using a Henge Dock and when I first put the computer into the dock, my 27 apple screen doesn't show my login screen, but I can see and move the mouse pointer (though the rest of the screen is blanks). If I lift the computer out of the dock and then put it back in, then I get the login screen. Annoying, but not so bad since I only undock once or twice a day.

Hopefully this morning's graphics update will do the trick. They also pushed an EFI update for MBP's, so hope for the best.