Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azriel6290

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
I am having problems connecting my 360 wirelessly to the router, have tried everything but it just won't work. As a last resort I am considering connecting the 360 via ethernet cable to an iBook I will be getting a month or so.

The iBook is equipped with an Airport card. I have a few questions on this;

1). Will hooking a 360 up to an Airport enabled iBook allow the 360 to connect?
2). Will connecting the 360 to the iBook allow it to remember the network settings thereby allowing me to connect with the Wireless adapter, or will it always need to be connected via the ethernet cable?
3). Does the iBook need to be on while the 360 is connected to Live?

I appreciate any help you may have on this issue, I would've searched but my problem atm would seem to be rather unique (none of my friends can figure out why my 360 is acting up like this).

Thanks,
Azriel

dolphin842

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2004
Based on personal experience:

1) Maybe. On Tiger (10.4), I had trouble getting my Wii to connect via AirPort internet sharing (I had a wired ethernet connection into my Mac). On Leopard (10.5) however, it just started working. Sometimes messing around with firewall settings will help.

2) I'll pass on this one, as I'm not familiar with the how the Xbox wireless adapter works.

3) Yes, the iBook has to be on in order for the AirPort wireless to be active. You can, however, darken or turn off the LCD display to save batter power if you'll be away from an outlet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.