Connecting a Bluetooth Headset for Phone Calls

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by md63, Aug 20, 2010.

1. md63 macrumors 6502

The ipad does not allow me to connect my Plantronics 975 Bluetooth headset which I would like to use with the Truphone App. Currently I need to use a microphone adapter and wired headphones to make a call. Is anyone aware of an app on Cydia which allows one to connect a traditional bluetooth headset? THanks.

2. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I would like to know this, too. I know there is the bluetooth mono sbsetting toggle for my iPhone that allows all sounds to be routed through my plantronics mono bluetooth earpiece. However, the iPad was made to only pair with stereo bluetooth headsets...hopefully there is/will be a hack for it soon. Or I could finish reading my objective c programming book and try to figure it out...maybe one day. :)

Wes

3. GinoDotCom macrumors regular

Came across this same issue a few months ago, I have given up on this since.

The mono sbsettings for the iPad is useless unless we're somehow able to pair a non stereo Bluetooth to our ipads with an additional cydia hack of some kind to make that possible.

Any input is appreciated.

4. Zodiak macrumors regular

Yes I had purchase one of the best mono telephone ear piece there is but I had to bring it back because even if it support A2DP technology (the type of bluetooth the ipad uses) it doesnt support all the things the iphone does. Only stereo headsets will work and unless it has a mic you will not be able to use it for the ipad.

In order to get one that works alot of research has to be done online and its not just the fact of finding one and then looking to see if it works with the ipad. It's more like looking online, finding a list of known models and then picking one from the list, which is really hit or miss and awkward :(

Plus, many of them dont have all of their functionalities like Volume Up/Down or Skip working.

I was wondering if there was a way to take the necessary files from the iphone and translate them to the iPad but I dont know. I do know of something called BTstack in cydia (Bluetooth Stack, stack being the name of the file or drivers to support devices) but all I see is BTStack for Mouse, Keyboard or even for the Wii Remote.

We need someone to translate the bluetooth from iphone to iPad.