Connecting a Bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Stokes, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Stokes macrumors regular

Hey Guys,
    I just bought a Apple Wireless Mouse (Model A1015), but can't get it to be seen by my computer.

I used the BT utility, but my MacBook doesn't pick it up. I turned on the mouse, see a red light, but my MB just keeps searching.

Any ideas?

Thanks!:)

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

You just have to keep trying. I had the same issue with mine on my PB. Also make sure the batteries are good.

3. Stokes thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I've probably tried 50 times now.. it just keeps searching, but not finding.

I changed the batteries just to make sure, but it seems that there isn't a problem with battery power. Right now, while I have the mouse sitting on it's back and the door open, it blinks twice, waits half a second, and blinks twice again, continuing the cycle..... But, the MB, still doesn't find it.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Can you get any other BT device to pair? If so, I'd take the mouse back. To an Apple Store preferably, if one's available to you. Bring the MB with you, and see if the Geniuses can make it work. If they can't they'll just swap the mouse for another one.

5. Stokes thread starter macrumors regular

Well... I finally got it to work, after rebooting my MB.

But, I don't like it.

I did a WTB advertisement on Craigslist for a Mighty Mouse, and this A1015 showed up today. Not having a scroll wheel is gonna be a bummer. I'll see what the seller says.

But, at least my machine is pairing! That's a victory!