Connecting a doc camera to an imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dpfitz, Sep 9, 2015.

1. dpfitz macrumors newbie

Can I connect a Lumens DC265 document camera directly to an imac? I have searched for the answer, but have not found anything definitive. So far I have them connected through VGA cable but nothing is happening on the computer.

Thank you

2. JustMartin macrumors 6502a

You don't say which model iMacs you have. But, regardless, I think you can only use target display mode on a Mac to display screens from other Macs, not a device like this.

3. Berlepsch macrumors 6502

Berlepsch

You should use a USB cable and install some software on your Mac which you can download from the manufacturer.

4. dpfitz thread starter macrumors newbie

5. dpfitz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using an iMac6,1
    2.33GHz
    Version 10.6.8
    I'm using a Vga cable to connect the lumens dc265 directly to the iMac, but it does not seem to recognize it. Why?

6. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

To connect this to your iMac, you'll need a USB cable and the "Ladybug" software from Lumens:

http://www.lumens.com.tw/support_1_1.php?p_id=13&big_id=1&pageNum_old=0

Scroll down to "Ladibug MAC" for "MAC OS 10.4,MAC OS 10.5,MAC OS 10.7,MAC OS 10.8"

The manual for the Mac Ladibug software is here - I suggest you read it before installing the software

http://www.lumens.com.tw/a/program_download/file/201312301346105989.pdf

If it doesn't work - I can't really help. I don't own one and I don't know how well written the software is.

Good luck!

7. dpfitz thread starter macrumors newbie

8. dpfitz thread starter macrumors newbie

The Usb cable did the trick! I had already downloaded the ladibug software, so when I connected the usb, it worked perfectly. Thank you for your tip.