connecting all iPhone users

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thunderstrike, Jul 17, 2009.

1. thunderstrike macrumors newbie

wouldn't it be great if we could form a community of all iPhone users? I mean seriously, if you want to single out a demographic on earth, what better selection of candidates than the iPhone users? You have to be coordinated enough to use the touch screen, you have to be somewhat financially stable to pay the $30/mo for data, etc.

i guess i'm an idealist, hoping to form a network of elite individuals that can change the world, connect together for business, share intellectual conversations... the Internet has truly granted a new realm of possibilities to Gen Y/Gen X and I hope the crusaders of light can shine over this planet!

i would love to know your thoughts!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I wouldn't call 30 dollars a month a sign of financial stability. I think like everything else, there is also no single demographic that could be used to identify iPhone users, young, old, highly educated, not so highly educated (other then being an iPhone owner).

Besides isn't what you're asking already here, i.e., macrumors forum

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If iPhone users are "elite individuals that can change the world, connect together for business, share intellectual conversations" then I fear for the world. Just go to the mall and look at all the tweens on their iPhones that couldn't put together a coherent sentence if there was a gun to their head. Hell, just go browse the iPhone forum here and look at all the posts where dey tyep liek dis bcuz dey think itz kewl 2 do dat n r 2 la-z 2 tyep full wurdz on da web

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

Judging from the number of girls I saw pull out their iPhones DURING a show last night at the theater (Broadway show, not a movie) and text...I hardly think having an iPhone is the demographic of people who will change the world.

5. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I wonder how many people are actually not understanding this guys unique brand of sarcasm. I like it. :)

6. Surely Guest

Surely

I hope that's the case.

Otherwise it's just an awful idea. Just awful.