Connecting an iPad to Time Capsule

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by rgionet, May 10, 2010.

1. rgionet macrumors newbie

I have a time capsule with files that my website references. When I connect to web site using Safari on iPad, I can’t access the files. I think it’s related to the password on the time capsule disk. When I use Windows, I first have to use the Run command with the IP address “\\10.0.0.1\IDM” of the time capsule, then enter the password in the pop up window. Once my computer connects, Explorer works fine returning the files. How can I establish a connection to the time capsule using an iPad? Is there an equivalent command like Windows run?

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Did you try through safari?

If not maybe JB and download a terminal application....

3. jtara macrumors 65816

What do you think you'd be able to do with the files if you could access them? What do you mean by "access"?

I guess if they were HTML, plain text, or some supported media format, you could view them. But that's it.

4. rgionet thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi brn2ski00,

What do you mean JB? Can you recommend a terminal application?

Hi jtara,

The website is on my computer running Windows that has links to PDF files that I want to open located on the time capsule. I can't open the files because Safari can't access the time capsule. I need to somehow enter the pass ward to the time capsule. In Windows, I use the Run command and enter the password in the popup window. Once Windows establishes a connect, I can open the links to the PDF files.

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Jailbreak

Not sure, google spirit - that's your jb tool