connecting and disconnecting macbook pro with led cinema display in clamshell mode

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by okrelayer, Jan 20, 2010.

1. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

Hello. I have a macbook pro unibody 15inch, the 24 inch cinema display, as well as blue tooth magic mouse, and apple keyboard.

Wondering whats the best way to connect and disconnect my computer with the display if i plan on using it in clamshell mode? Should i sleep it before i connect or disconnect? Does it matter?

thanks.

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

If it works anything like my non-unibody MBP and DVI attached monitor, it won't matter. I connect mine while it's open and close the lid. That sleeps the MBP, and clicking my mouse wakes it up again. You could sleep it before hand, but I suspect it wouldn't make any difference.

Edit: Just realized I didn't contribute anything towards disconnecting. Just be aware that sleeping it before disconnecting, then disconnecting, may wake it back up again. Although I think it should sleep again once it realizes the screen is closed. Disconnecting the monitor before sleeping could automatically sleep your MBP since it will detect that the screen is closed and there is no external monitor. You could always try it and see what happens.