Connecting Audio Wirelessly to MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Andras5soul, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Andras5soul macrumors member

I know this is the wrong board, but it is where most people who could answer this question will be. Everybody with a laptop hates having to plug in his speakers, thus making a portable computer useless while listening to music. HOW DO I CONNECT MY MBP TO SPEAKERS (3.5 jack) WIRELESSLY?
    Is there a bluetooth adapter?
    A wifi adapter?
    A usb adapter?
    Anything that plugs into the computer on one end and wirelessly transfers the music to an adapter thats connected to the 3.5mm plug?

All suggestions will get me closer to never having to get up again! THANKS IN ADVANCE.

2. Andras5soul thread starter macrumors member

Is that the only way? There is no cheaper, more mobile solution? And what about watching movies with VLC, youtube, all sounds not in iTunes?

3. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Why are you willing to plug in USB but not a 3.5mm jack?

4. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

5. Andras5soul thread starter macrumors member

I already have speakers, I'm not planning on buying new ones, I just want to connect my existing speakers wirelessly. So far the only solution I've found is the Airport Express, there must be some adapter/receiver that wirelessly connects to your computer, and you just plug the 3.5mm jack into that receiver. No?

6. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Bluetooth gateway, on my phone, hopefully this works :
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9107263&st=Bluetooth+gateway&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218023793282

7. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

Well if you want a cheap solution, you wont get one. The cheapest wireless solution is an FM transmitter. Get the Airport express. There are some hacks that allow you to listen to all audio over the APE.

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Airfoil with the Airport Express that others have suggested is what you're looking for. Works like a charm.

9. cube macrumors G5

AirTunes is not made for video.

The only workaround is that you can play some video files with AirFoil Video Player.