Connecting existing iPhone to new Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingping14, Aug 12, 2011.

1. kingping14 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

I have a replacement macbook as my old one has been stolen and i have no backups. my question is how do i connect my iphone to my new macbook which has a brand spanking new version of itunes without losing my apps, contacts and pictures ?

thanks

2. res1233 macrumors 65816

res1233

Authorize iTunes with your iTunes account, then syncing should work just fine.

3. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

That is only for DRM music and iTunes Store content. If you have iTunes purchases, open iTunes and press File at the top and go to "Transfer Purchases From [iPhone] to transfer iTunes purchases to your Mac. (Authorize iTunes with your Apple ID of course for iOS apps or old DRM iTunes Music). If he did not buy music from the iTunes Store and wishes to transfer them back to his Macbook, he should try this app out: http://www.copytrans.net/xport.php

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

@Tech Elementz You still have to authorize your computer for Apps. I have my Apps located on my old Powerbook. When I synced with my MacBook Pro I had to authorize that computer. Since this guy lost his computer, he can't de-authorize the stolen computer... so he has to "authorize" the new computer in order to sync purchased items.

I see that a lot when working with others iTouch/iPhones. You have to authorize the computer. Even when I set up a new user in iTunes. And log into their Account in the iTunes store when connecting the iPhone.