Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
I wanna copy and paste videos and musics, but how?

This is the main drawback with the Note II/S3.

See here for what I've found out so far about alternatives and work-arounds: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1468070/

(Feel free to add any alternative solutions you discover).

Possibly the simplest solution is to get a Micro-SD card and suitable reader (MacBooks with a SD card slot just need a Micro-SD-to-SD adapter which you can usually get thrown in with the card).

I used an app called "Android file Transfer" for my Galaxy Nexus that worked well

No, That doesn't work on Samsung phones - it's not clear whether it is Samsung or Google who have broken it.

And before anybody suggests it, the 'USB Disc Mode' on older Androids has also been removed from ICS and later (that is Google, I think).

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
This is the main drawback with the Note II/S3.

See here for what I've found out so far about alternatives and work-arounds: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1468070/

(Feel free to add any alternative solutions you discover).

Possibly the simplest solution is to get a Micro-SD card and suitable reader (MacBooks with a SD card slot just need a Micro-SD-to-SD adapter which you can usually get thrown in with the card).

No, That doesn't work on Samsung phones - it's not clear whether it is Samsung or Google who have broken it.

And before anybody suggests it, the 'USB Disc Mode' on older Androids has also been removed from ICS and later (that is Google, I think).

I used an app called "Android file Transfer" for my Galaxy Nexus that worked well

http://www.android.com/filetransfer/

AFT worked on my Note 2. Just plug it in, opened it on my laptop, and dragged and dropped my music. Simple as that. Check out Keis over WiFi (comes preinstalled on Note 2), its a wireless file transfer alternative to AFT, however I had a really easy time with the AFT.

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
AFT worked on my Note 2. Just plug it in, opened it on my laptop, and dragged and dropped my music. Simple as that. Check out Keis over WiFi (comes preinstalled on Note 2), its a wireless file transfer alternative to AFT, however I had a really easy time with the AFT.

Interesting - just tried it on my Snow Leopard work machine and it seems to work OK. Previously I'd tried it on Lion/Mountain Lion - so it may be a Lion/Mountain Lion issue or it may be that Google have fixed it (unfortunately, Google don't give any release notes or version history on the download site, but the version I've just downloaded is timestamped Oct 15 - after I tried it).

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Interesting - just tried it on my Snow Leopard work machine and it seems to work OK. Previously I'd tried it on Lion/Mountain Lion - so it may be a Lion/Mountain Lion issue or it may be that Google have fixed it (unfortunately, Google don't give any release notes or version history on the download site, but the version I've just downloaded is timestamped Oct 15 - after I tried it).

Also running SL here.

Eureka - problem identified: Uninstalled Samsung Kies and Android File Transfer springs into life. Seems you can't have both.

You mean uninstall Kies from your phone? I have Kies installed on my phone and AFT worked.

theluggage

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2011
You mean uninstall Kies from your phone? I have Kies installed on my phone and AFT worked.

No - uninstall the Kies software from your Mac (using the uninstall program that comes with the Kies download).

If you've never downloaded and installed Kies on the Mac, you may not be affected.

matheuscmpm

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2014
Thank you

No - uninstall the Kies software from your Mac (using the uninstall program that comes with the Kies download).

If you've never downloaded and installed Kies on the Mac, you may not be affected.

I just signed up to say: Thank you!

You really helped me in both of your comments. Problem solved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.