Connecting Glassbook to a HP LaserJet P1006 over a windows network

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hekokimushi, Nov 1, 2008.

1. hekokimushi macrumors regular

hekokimushi

Hi People

new mac switcher here, loving the simplisty. Encountering a problem thou, tried to use the smb: and cups at http://localhost:631 method. unable to assign the correct driver for the network printer: HP LaserJet P1006. the default list of printers drivers does not have this driver even thou i have downloaded the dmg from HP for OS X.

anyone have the same configuration in a working state please??

Windows Vista Network wired to Buffalo WHR-G215 Router
    Glassbook wirelessly connected with the same workgroup

Thanks alot

h

2. hekokimushi thread starter macrumors regular

hekokimushi

3. hekokimushi thread starter macrumors regular

hekokimushi

Has has anyone suggestion or pointers please??

4. Bwilky macrumors regular

A lot of older printers, and some new ones don't even work over the network out of the box. I had this issue with my dell laser printer, but then I found a 3rd party software that had drivers that seemed to work. I'm sure the same can be done for your hp. I'll try to find it again, but you might want to start googleing it.

Update: Have you tried using the ip method?

5. hekokimushi thread starter macrumors regular

hekokimushi

thanks Bwilky

i tried the IP method. mapped over, but the generic GS driver doesnt drive the printer to print. could it be the window's side needing a GS to process it? currently using the IP method, on the main Vista printer Queue, a job appears from Guest (my Macbook) but after a while it sits around... then.... nothing happens on the printer.

is there anyway to get the mac to list my printer's particular driver to be listed on that drop down list for mapping printer over the IP method?

thanks again.