Connecting Ipad to Wi-ft problem

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eaglejay, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Eaglejay macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have a problem setting my ipad up to my wi-fi. Can anyone help me get it up and running?

I can see my wi-fi and can enter the wireless key but when i open Safari on the ipad I get error Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet.

Any help would be great, thank you

2. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

• If you look in the Settings app, next to Network does it give the name of your network?
    • Are you sure the network is set up correctly? For example, do you have another device (laptop, iPod touch, etc.) that can connect to the wi-fi network and browse the Internet successfully?
    • Can you pick up mail?
    • Have you tried restarting the iPad?
    Let us know,

RTP.

3. Eaglejay thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply.

- Yes it does give me the name of my network
    - Network is fine. I have other IOS devices connected (Ipod Touch & Previously an Iphone 4)
    - Not tried picking up mail will try when I get home
    - I have tried restarting the Ipad & have also tried resetting the settings to default and starting again.

I have also noticed that the wi-fi stops working in the house whilst it seems my Ipad is trying to connect to it.

Also my router is BT home hub.

4. Eaglejay thread starter macrumors newbie

Now resolved - found the iPad was using a 169 ip address. Added a static ip address in the range and hey presto!!!

Typing this from my iPad :D

5. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

Cool! :)

RTP.