Connecting iPad2 to an unprotected Wifi?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tue, Jul 13, 2011.

1. tue macrumors newbie

Hi all

One day I sat at a cafe with free unprotected Wifi. I looked at my iPhone synced my mail - and afterwards wanted to connect my iPad so I could search the internet.

And this is the beginning of my problems - my iPad 2 (Wifi edition) couldn't connect to the internet like my iPhone did. I looked up the settings at my iPad and discovered that it hadn't been granted a Router or DNS ip-adress (DHCP), like my iPhone (3gs) had?

(My iPad had been granted an IP-adress + Subnetmask)

How can I fix my problem?

Here is what I have already tried:
    Reboot, Reset network settings, Reset all settings, Searched the internet for someone with a similar problem

2. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

This is weird...
    Maybe restoring the firmware will help.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

This has happened to me at home. Usually turning off Wi-Fi and then back on fixes the issue. Sorry, but that's all I got.

4. tue thread starter macrumors newbie

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm running into the same problem; and I've selected the "FORGET THIS NETWORK" then rebooted, then connect with my WiFi and everything seems to be OK. Though I don't think I should have to do this every time I come home after a road trip of sorts...:mad: