Connecting iPhone 3gs to HDTV using AV adapter?? Possible!? Please help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kflik, May 22, 2011.

1. Kflik macrumors member

So I recently purchased apples new AV Adapter for my iPad 2, and I noticed on the package that it DOES work for the iPhone 4 as well but NOT for the 3gs.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 3gs on 4.0 and was wondering if there is any hack or app out there that would allow me to be able to use this new adapter cord with my iPhone 3gs (I have researched this question much on google, youtube, and these forums and have not really found anyone asking or having the same problem!) I just want to be able to plug my HDMI cord into the adapter and plug my 3gs in there like I did my iPad 2 and then mirror whats on my 3gs to my tv, like I can do with my iPad 2.

I downloaded the app TvOut2 but it did not seem to help. If this cable can work with the iPhone 4, why can it not work on the 3gs? Is there any jailbreak hack that can allow this?

ANY HELP is much appreciated!!
    THANKS!

2. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Try installing the DisplayOut utillity from cydia. DisplayOut worked on my iPhone 4, and I able to mirror like my iPad 2.

3. Kflik thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. I will try displayout.

Though the iPhone4 will work without displayout with my new adapter (the instructions say 4th gen iPod, Ipad2, iPad, and iPhone 4 all work, just no 3gs).

Thats why I was hoping someone knew of a hack to get this to work because I cannot figure out why it works on the iPhone 4 so easily yet not on the 3gs.

Thank you for some help though!