Connecting iPhone 4 Crashes iTunes 10

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drummingcraig, Oct 1, 2010.

1. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

I hope someone can help shed some light on this for me...here's the backstory.

My buddy just got a new iP4 to replace his 3G which got dunked in a cup of coffee. The first hurdle was that his computer (a 12" G4 Powerbook) was running Tiger. So we did a fresh install of Leopard (10.5.x), ran all updates, and installed iTunes 10.

iTunes 10 opens and runs just fine. He connected his new phone to the computer and it prompted him if he'd like to restore it from his back-up. He proceeded to run the restore and it seemed like it was starting, but then his phone rebooted and iTunes crashed. The phone restarted and works fine, but no info synced over from the laptop.

Now, whenever he connects his iP4 it crashed iTunes immediately. Also worth noting that iPhoto sees and treats the phone as a camera device and he can access photos but that it. :confused:

So....anyone have any ideas???? I've suggested he make a Genius bar appt. but he won't have time to do this until the week after next.

2. Ruminator macrumors newbie

I am suddenly having the exact same problem with iTunes 10 and iPhone 4 today myself! I've tried deleting iTunes and various iTunes library files and reinstalling iTunes as suggested elsewhere, but the problem persists: connecting the iPhone 4 causes iTunes 10 to crash almost immediately. Not sure what to do now.....

3. zimbabwe? macrumors newbie

connecting iphone 4 crashes pc

My iphone 4 crashes my pc (xp) when I have pictures on the camera role. I email the pics first, clear the camera role and the sync works fine...;)