Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fifth gen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Hello guys,

So im trying to connect my iphone to my mac just to play around with it, and am having trouble. My computer recognizes my iphone and gives me an access code, but once i type it in, my computer says that there is nothing on my phone that it connect to because something is not enabled?

Any idea as to the cause/solution?

Do I have to sync my phone and mac before doing this?

Thanks

fifth gen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
What are you putting the access code into and where are you getting this access code?

BTW, I believe the default code for bluetooth is "000000". I don't know if that has changed though.

David

I go into system preferences on my mac, and go to the bluetooth section. After it searches and finds my iphone, my mac gives me a code. At the same time, the "enter code" screen automatically pops up on my iphone. I put in the code, and it connects, it just says that there are no useable devices?

And yea the reason I was doing this is like you said, you can transfer small files (or so ive heard). I got the step-by-step directions on connecting off of apples website btw.

Thanks for the replies

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
I went through this quite a while ago, before I learned that the only Bluetooth function enabled is for hands free phone use. My computer would recognize the iPhone and pair with it, but no functions were then available. Never tried it again after I found out the quest was futile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.