Connecting iphone to MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smashr7, Sep 7, 2008.

1. smashr7 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just purchased a first generation Iphone from someone the other day. It's been unlocked and jailbroken and is running current software, from what I understand. I'm trying to connect the Iphone to the Mac, but when I plug in the USB, nothing happens. This is my first Iphone and it didn't come with a manual, so I'm not even sure if it's supposed to be able to connect at all, or if it just charges through the computer.

Thanks,
    Brooke

2. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

3. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

4. smashr7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Uh oh

Okay, so I started Itunes, connected the Iphone, and selected to update the software. The last thing the update said was that the SIM card was not recognized. Now, the Iphone is stuck in this window that has a pic of a USB being connected into Itunes. There's also a slide bar that says "slide for emergency" and then when you slide it, it allows you to dial a number. I cannot get it out of this screen. I've tried restarting the Iphone, reconnecting to the Macbook Iphones and pressing a power and menu buttons at the same time. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Brooke

5. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

6. smashr7 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

You're going to have to re-unlock it yourself.

8. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I didn't know that JBing it would keep it from showing up in iTunes, sorry. :eek:

9. smashr7 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on a mac, but I'm running Fusion on it, so I'm able to switch over to the PC side if I need to. I'm actually in the Caribbean right now for school, so I'm using a Cable and Wireless SIM card, which is owned by AT&T.

10. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89