connecting iphone to new Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bina12834, Apr 15, 2009.

1. bina12834 macrumors regular

so i just switched over from a PC to a Mac(love it btw)....and i was just wondering what i need to do so i dont lose everything on my iphone. i just imported all my music over, so i know when i plug my ipod in, it will just erase everything and replace it again, but i dont know what to do with my iphone. like what will happen with my apps, and i had a specific playlist in itunes on my old computer just for my iphone....will my "iphone playlist" on my iphone erase and ill have to recreate it?

2. britboyj macrumors 6502a

First, in iTunes Store>Authorize Computer and log in with the same credentials you used on your PC (and on your iPhone)

Then, again in iTunes, Store>Transfer Purchases from iPhone. That will move your Apps and any purchased songs over that weren't in your PC iTunes Library.

Plug the iPhone in, click "Information" and make sure Contacts, Calendar and Email are set to sync with Address Book, iCal and Mail respectively. (Or Entourage if yo're one of THOSE people ;))

Clikc Sync and it will, by default, MERGE all of your contacts, since there's nothing on your computer for it to merge with, it'll just plop everyone on your phone onto your computer, but you'll probably have to confirm the changes since they're changing more than 5% of the data within those applications.

Note that if you have MobileMe, do this BEFORE you set up MobileMe syncing on your computer OR your iPhone, doing it any other way makes it VERY easy to lose your info!

3. bina12834 thread starter macrumors regular

what about the unpurchased songs i have on my iphone?

4. timlevin macrumors newbie

This is a good question. Any answers out there?

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

All apps get transferred, as long as they're new or revised.