Connecting iPod Touch = iPhoto ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeahM, Aug 16, 2008.

1. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Whenever I connect my iPod Touch iphoto opens up and displays as a device. Its kind of annoying, is this happening to anyone else and is there something I can do to stop it from happening?

2. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Yes,
    It happened to me just yesterday. Somehow, and I don't have any clue how, some photos of my buddy's new baby ended up on my touch. I did not have these in my iphoto lib. Anyway, check to see if it is asking you to import the pictures. If so, go ahead and import them into iphoto. Once you have done that it will ask you if you want to delete the originals. Click yes. This should remove them from your touch (at least it did for me).

Good luck. If you have troubles, let me know, I can try to walk you through it more.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

It opens iPhoto (or Aperture if you use that) because you can now save photos from the internet and emails, along with the new ability to take screenshots. If you are not adding anything to the Saved Photos album on your device, these programs will not auto-launch. If you are, though, the program just wants to import the photos from your device which it doesn't have in its library.

4. LeahM thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Thank you! That solved the problem. I just imported the pictures from my touch.

Now the only thing is that it keeps syncing/backing up but I'm going to assume that has to do with the Apps. But its pretty quick so I can deal with that.

Thank you again!

5. sumosue macrumors newbie

Wait! Still have a problem!

When I connect my iPod Touch into my Macbook Pro, it ONLY shows up as a device now (did not do that as of last week). I can't make it show up as an iPod! Thus, I can't get my iPod screen where I sync stuff and such.

What do I do!! ahhh!!!
    :(:(:(:(:(:(

omg... I realize my mistake. How embaressing. Problem solved!!! :eek: