Connecting Mac to Orange Livebox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by amytoddd, Jul 22, 2009.

1. amytoddd macrumors newbie

Hi, i'm having trouble connecting my new MacBook to my orange livebox wirelessly
    Ive had a macbook before which connected fine but this says it needs a WPA which the livebox does not have.
    I have looked up my issue on similar threads and on other websites which tell me to change the security to WEP ONLY on the livebox configuring options. I tried this and it worked perfectly but unfortunatly, PC's connecting to the same livebox all disconnect and cannot reconnect because their 'system settings are different'

Can anyone help me with this problem? :(

Any help will be appreciated thanks x

2. tristanmayer macrumors newbie

tristanmayer

Its a little late but i was in your situation a while ago so for people struggling here you go, came to Mauritius to stay with relatives and they have the Orange Live-box Wi-Fi here and well i found it hard to connect neither of my iPhone or Macbook to the network and after hours of searching the internet i decided to access the router Config, and FOUND and solution and it works.

in Safari or which browser your using and in the URL type in the router IP
    e.g. 192.168.1.1 input "admin" for the Username and Password.

Select "Réseau sans fil" (Translates : Wireless")

Now Disable "Adresse MAC" select -> Désactivé

Now you should be able to connect to the Wireless without and difficulty now. Good luck.