Connecting Macbook pro (latest version) to KrK RP6 Speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dutton213, May 22, 2009.

1. dutton213 macrumors newbie

Ive recently bought a macbook pro and am thinking about gettin some KRK RP6 studio speakers, I also have some denons cd decks (with denon mixer) and i would like to connect the lot so i can record onto my macbook pro and for the sound to come out my krk speakers. I would i was wondering if anyone can recomend an interface and what cables i would need to connect the lot (ive been told that the how i would do it?) thanks.

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

you can connect external sound cards through the ExpressCard slot. otherwise it will all have to go out thru the miniature audio jack. check out this thread for more info on the external sound cards for MBP's.

3. dainja macrumors member

uhh no
    all of that is pro audio gear and you wouldn't use expresscard for pro audio stuff

Use FireWire. I recommend the Focusrite Saffire LE with BALANCED 1/4" cables.

If that is out of your budget, get any Firewire card with unbalanced ins/outs (like an M-Audio Firewire audiophile or Presonus Firebox).

PS: I'm a well seasoned DJ/producer with a pretty involved studio setup so I'm not just blowing hot air. I'd give more info but I'm not sure anybody on a mac forum would care.

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

That's not correct. The PreSonus Firebox has four balanced inputs and six balanced outputs.