Connecting Macbook pro Mid2010 to LG 42LV3550 (LED)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gonca, Jan 5, 2012.

1. gonca macrumors regular

Hello there,

Just bought the LCD LED LG 42LV3550 and cant connect to the Macbook pro mid2010 properly, the sound is not working. Iam using the cable DR.BOTT - Adaptador mini Display port HDMI.

Any idea of other way i can use to connect the sound from mac to this tv? I mean instead of buy a different cable since the image works perfectly.

Thanks in advance,

2. gonca thread starter macrumors regular

Update: It works fine with bootcamp using windows 7.. but not on lion. So i believe is some option i must tick on Lion.

Its the DR.BOTT - Adaptador mini Display port HDMI II.

3. simsaladimbamba

Sorry, was thrown off by the "DR.BOTT" part in your OP, thought it was a mishap.

Anyway, the German Amazon page for that article has not really favourable reviews. (translation)

Maybe get another adapter, if you can?

4. gonca thread starter macrumors regular

I would if necessary. But since the cable works fine for Lion when in bootcamp via windows 7 , so the reason is not the cable. Must be something in my Lion OS.
    ANy idea what can be wrong?

Thank you,

5. eowl macrumors member

eowl

This might sound obvious, but have you gone to System Preferences > Sound and then clicking on the TV with the HDMI output?

6. gonca thread starter macrumors regular

For some reason i dont have the HDMI output - only internal speakers. So lion dont identify it, although windows 7 via bootcamp does it.

Do you know why this occur?