connecting macbook pro to 65 inch panasonic viera

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ritze, Apr 4, 2008.

1. ritze macrumors member

my dad just bought 65 inch panasonic viera tv (yeh i know it is massive) but anyway when i connect my macbook pro to it, i cant get good resolution only 1920 x 1080 and it seems like stretched?! is there a way i can properly set it up any help would be appreciated..also i can choose higher resolution but when i do it goes crazy

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

It's probably 1080P, so that's it's highest resolution. It's a TV, not a computer screen.

3. ritze thread starter macrumors member

okay thanks its just that the quality of it when the pc is connected looks a bit pixelated like the mouse and stuff but anyway thanks for your response

4. drpellypo macrumors 6502

Your MBP won't send out a native resolution that matches the Viera. Try changing around your resolution and the aspect ratio until you get something that looks right.

5. DocSmitty macrumors regular

Are you using a mirrored or extended desktop? The mirror option will only use your laptop's set resolution, while extended should give you additional options. Does the tv have a dedicated dvi port for computer use or are you using HDMI? And how close are you sitting? For a 65" you should be.. hmm.. roughly 10-12" away to not see pixelization.

6. kashik macrumors regular

Connect with a dvi to hdmi cable, should look great. 1920x1080 should be crystal.

7. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

Make sure that you have the resolution going to the TV set at 1920X1080. I just connected my PBG4 to my new 32" 1080p sharp, and at first I had it mirrored, so it was showing the resolution on my laptop's monitor (which, on my old PB, is 1280x854. When I hook it up to my Sharp I leave overscan checked, I don't use mirror, and I make sure that the display box that pops up on the TV when I plug it into my comp is using the maximum resolution. I use an HDMI->DVI, and must say that it looks amazing.

8. BucharestGator macrumors newbie

Dear all -- I have the same Panasonic Viera TV, and although I've been able to hook up the video from my MacBook Pro, I've had no such luck with the audio (a standard RCA audio cable didn't work). Thus, any suggestions at all? Perhaps a Belkin cable? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Have you tried using a 3.5mm Stereo to RCA connect splitter? Or using Toslink?