Connecting MacBook Pro to HDTV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mishta85', Oct 29, 2010.

1. mishta85' macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to first say I have been a long time lurker on these forums and never had to ask a question until now. I figured it is finally time to register to both receive and give help to forum readers. I want to thank all of you for being so helpful and I appreciate all the help you all give to each other. With that being said I have a problem hooking up my 13" MacBook Pro (Mid 2010) to my HDTV via MiniDisplay to HDMI. I have used MRoogle to help find a solution to my problem but unforunately I am not able to get this problem fixed.

Unfortunately when I connect my MacBook Pro to my HDTV my MacBook Pro display flashes to a blue screen for a few seconds and then goes back to the desktop. At the same time my HDTV stays black the whole time even though I have to right input set on the HDTV. I have tried turning off all components and removing and reinserting all cables but the same thing keeps occuring. I am about to pull out my hair because I am able to connect my desktop PC to my HDTV with ease via HDMI. Anyone have any suggestions ask to why I am not able to get this to work? I have never done a MiniDisplay source to HDMI with my HDTV before. Thank you in advance!

2. mishta85' thread starter macrumors newbie

I forgot to add that I also have tried using Detect Display under System Preferences > Display and it doesn't do anything at all. :confused:

3. mishta85' thread starter macrumors newbie

I have also tried connecting to my LG LCD monitor through a different hdmi cable but the same Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and the same thing occurs. It flashes blue for a moment on my MacBook Pro and then doesn't do anything. It won't detect either display. I guess I either have a bad adapter or a bad Mini DisplayPort. Guess I'll be taking my MacBook Pro in to the Apple Store soon.

4. young92117 macrumors newbie

Did you find what the problem was?

I had the same problem with my MacBook Pro and I'd like to know if you find any resolution to your problem?

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I'm willing to bet that you have a bad adapter, certainly more likely than a bad port itself.

6. dtblaze macrumors regular

i have the same prob with a mid 2010 mbp 13. I figure its the adapter since this ordeal has happened to NUMEROUS people before...you shouldn't jump to conc. that you mbp is messed up... its prob the adapter.