Connecting Macbook pro to Sony Bravia TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by drtanz, Sep 29, 2012.

1. drtanz macrumors member

I am connecting my Macbook Pro 13 june 2012 model to a Sony Bravia LP 32 inch tv. The picture has a heavy purple colour cast, anyone know what the problem may be?

Display settings is on the pixel dimensions 1360 x 768 when this happens. However when I switch the setting to 720p the colours are ok. The thing is that the text is more clear to read on 1360px x 768px so I would like to use that setting.

2. rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

Not being familiar with the ports on the Sony, how are you connecting your Mac to it? VGA? HDMI? I wonder if the set is going into some kind of PC mode when getting video at sub HD resolution. And that mode isn't calibrated correctly.

The input resolution can cause different behaviors. I have an HDMI device that shows badly over saturated when inputing at 1080p60 but is perfect at 1080p24. I must admit I've not tried to figure out if it's a device or TV issue. I'm happy with it set to 1080p24.

3. drtanz thread starter macrumors member

Im connecting via HDMI. I have a converter from thunderbolt to HDMI. The converter works fine I also tried a Dell XPS 15 with the same setup and it outputs the picture normally.

4. drtanz thread starter macrumors member

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I know this isn't really a solution, but I'd probably skip the cables and adapters and just use an AppleTV and Airplay.