Connecting macbook pro to tv

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Grayer, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Grayer macrumors newbie

Hi, I was wondering how what cable/s I need to connect my mbp mid 2009 to the tv. I want to connect it via HDMI, I can't find any cable in the apple store for mini dvi to HDMI, is that even possible? What cables do I need to connect the mbp to the tv with HDMI?
    Thanks.

2. Ixesin macrumors newbie

Get a mini displayport to HDMI adapter off monoprice (if you're in US) or Amazon (if you live in UK). Then all you need is a HDMI cable to connect to the TV.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Mid-2009 MBP don't have mini-DVI. That is a mini DisplayPort. The adapter you want is at Monoprice.

Bear in mind that is video only though, you'll need a separate line for the audio.

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have one of those monoprice adapters on my mini and works great. For audio get a 3.5mm to RCA or Toslink cable if you want digital.

5. Grayer thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Thanks for the replies. My bad, I didn't realise the mid 2009 is mini display port. I actually don't really care about the audio as I have quite good speakers... The cable you have linked, is it in the apple store? I would prefer buying it there even if it is a bit more expensive.
    THanks