Connecting Macbook to Mac Pro Via Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Nitro1, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Nitro1 macrumors 6502

I am trying to connect my macbook pro to my mac pro and transfer files such as updates on my iCal and other applications. I am trying to figure out how to do this. I can connect but i am unsure how to transfer the info over. Is there a way to do this or do i need to do this with a USB stick and that is my only option.

Thanks

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You can use the Bluetooth File Exchange application to transfer files between the two computers. Make sure first that you have enabled Bluetooth Sharing on both computers in Sharing preferences. When you launch the Bluetooth File Exchange application it'll ask you to pick a file to send. You can actually send more than one by holding down the :apple: key and clicking on more files. After selecting a your file(s) the computer will display a listing of other Bluetooth devices which can accept the transfer. Pick the device, click send, and then accept the file transfer on the other computer.

Admittedly this is going to be a bit cumbersome for transferring changes to your iCal calendar and anything that's frequently updated. Maybe for photos and documents but not so much for things which will be changed on a regular basis. I would actually recommend the MobileMe service or something similar to it for syncing the data on your two computers. Note that MobileMe will also work for your iPhone if you so wish. MobileMe will sync your bookmarks, contacts, calendars. You can probably use your iDisk or a service like ChronoSync for everything else.