Connecting MacBook to TV

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by flec321, May 17, 2009.

1. flec321 macrumors newbie

Hey all - I'm a new Mac user, and new to this forum, Just wanted to ask a quick question about connecting my new macbook to my TV.

I connected it up no probs and have sound aswell - but can I shut my Laptop lid, and have access to the computer? I have movies in iTunes that I want to watch, whilst they are displayed perfectly on my TV, my laptop is kinda in the way and distracting whilst watching the TV.

Is there an option in Settings where I can close the laptop up, but still have it running, rather than going to sleep?

I own a bluetooth mighty mouse and keyboard so I will still be able to control the macbook....I just want to shut the lid whilst watching films, etc.

2. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Connect it up, send it to sleep, wake it up with the external mouse or keyboard i believe...

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I never thought Macs could be used or awakened when the lid was closed, as I've tried this myself. This might just be me though.

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Clamshell mode
    Turn it around
    Lowest brightness mode
    Use a paper bag over it

=]

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Yes.

Connect it to TV. Close lid. Wake it with external keyboard and mouse (leave lid closed).

6. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Damn, you're quite right, I forgot to mention closing it...