connecting MBP for a powerpoint pres

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by redgaz26, Mar 3, 2013.

1. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

I'll be doing my first powerpoint presentation next week, I'm taking my own macbook with me and I've got a great little app on my iphone to use as a clicker, my question is about the cable required to fit in the projector, I dont have my own. Is it a standard cable that both macs and pc's can use? My employer has a cable but im just checking it will be compatible with my mac as I wont see it till the day of the presentation, any info appreciated

2. simsaladimbamba

You probably need a Mini DisplayPort to VGA or DVI adapter.

from

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You will almost certainly need an adaptor. If I were to make a guess, it'd say you are likely to need a vga to Mini DisplayPort/thunderbolt adaptor. But that depends on the projector and your MBP.

4. rmg007 macrumors member

Also, keep in mind in order for the app on your iPhone to work as a clicker, your MBP and iPhone need to be connected on same wi-fi network. If the app support bluetooth, that may work as well.

5. theluggage macrumors 68030

Can's speak for the app in question, but you could probably set up an 'ad hoc' WiFi network to let you connect the iPad to the Mac:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH3771?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

6. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Every projector I've used in a business environment had a VGA connection. Some also had component video and/or hdmi. Get the VGA to mini-display port adapter and make sure you test it out before the presentation.

7. redgaz26 thread starter macrumors 68020

redgaz26

thanks for the tips guys, I will find out tomorrow what's happening, it could be that I'll have to email my presentation for them to set up on the works windows machine:eek:
    if that is the case would all my work be compatible? I'm using office for mac 2007?

----------

I set up a computer to computer network and it works great, app is called pointer

8. theluggage macrumors 68030

9. redgaz26 thread starter macrumors 68020

redgaz26