Connecting MBP to HDTV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by migdaddy, Dec 11, 2012.

1. migdaddy macrumors 6502

I have a 1st Gen Macbook Pro. Looking at connecting it to my 32" Vizio when im streaming movies and what not. I would prefer to do it via HDMI, but I have read that I wont get audio by doing it this way. What would be the best way to get the best video quality and audio for my 1st gen? Im sure this topic has been beaten to death, but I have found many mixed answers. Thank you guys!

2. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Only problem is that all the adapters (mini displat port) dont fit my laptop. I havent found one that fits a connection on mine. I have a port on the right side at the top that has a monitor icon on it (i believe) and I havent found anything that fits in.

Ok so its called a full sized DVI port.

3. simsaladimbamba

As mentioned in my post, you need a DVI to HDMI cable/adapter, the guide I linked to links to one, though you would have to look there, but then again, it shows you the DVI port with an image.

Anyway, to make matters short: http://www.amazon.com/STARTECH-COM-...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1253777670&sr=8-2

4. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

5. simsaladimbamba

It's late I suppose, but I linked to one (found in the guide I linked to earlier) in my last post.

But if that does not suffice, you can look for a "DVI to HDMI adapter" or "DVI to HDMI" cable via a www search engine* of your choice. If that does not help, I am really confused and should abstain from posting, as this is one of the stranger threads I participated in. Maybe my posts are invisible? Am I on your Ignore List?

* links on how to use one are in my signature, right below all of my posts, unless you disabled the showing of signatures in your User CP