Connecting MBP to Windows XP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TomStamp, Feb 12, 2011.

1. TomStamp macrumors newbie

Hi, I have just recieved my new 13" MBP today :apple:. Anyway, I have searched and found numerous guides on connecting my macbook to my old laptop which is running windows XP :eek:.

The reason I have started a thread is that I am having trouble connecting from my macbook. Filesharing is turned on in both Windows and on the Mac, the laptop is identified in finder under the shared tab at the side so I know its connected.

The problem I have is when I go to connect it asks for a username and password. I have put in my username that I use on the windows laptop its not password but it says it is incorrect so I am unable to gain access.

Any ideas?

Tom

2. Srirama macrumors member

Have you tried the below?

Attached Files:

3. TomStamp thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried that, Originally the top box was ticked and the two others were not. I have tried that and it didn't work.. If It is detected in the finder but it just says not connected and it won't let me log in even though I have enabled guest access on the windows machine and created a new account.

I have a feeling this is going to take me a while to figure out but is probably something simple.

Any other ideas?

4. Srirama macrumors member

try turning off password protected sharing,also maybe firewall?

5. TomStamp thread starter macrumors newbie

Think I may have sorted it, I can get into the area where my drop box is, well I can't access it but I can drop files in the same folder and access them on my macbook so going to do it that way... tried it with a picture and it worked. Just got to do it with 20gb worth of music :mad: could be here a while lol

Thanks for your help!

6. Srirama macrumors member