Connecting MIDI to logic with USB

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by dusted12, Apr 10, 2009.

1. dusted12 macrumors newbie

HEllo... i'm new to the forums... but would be grateful of any help.

I recently purchased an Alesis Micron synth, which is fantastic... but i'm having trouble getting it to talk to Logic Express 8.

I use an Mbox 2 mini to record guitars, vocals etc... and can use it to record keys if i use the jack out put on the synth. However, the mbox mini doesn't have midi inputs/outputs, so i purchased a usb to midi cable.

Logic, and OSX seem to recognize there is a usb midi cable plugged in... but they don't recognize there is a synth on the end of it. Im pretty new to this... but would be grateful of any help.

2. Dr Sound macrumors member

Dr Sound

You might first want to try going into your Audio-Midi Setup and make sure you have it connected right on there..

I have never used a Midi-usb connector so I am not sure how that works..

I have a Micron as well, but never use it to trigger midi, but there might be a setting within the Synth for it to produce Midi instead of audio or both.. Not sure on that as I am not in studio..

3. dusted12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved...

Ok... so i had a "moment"

Thanks for your help, but it turned out i had the midi conectors plugged in to the synth wrong. "in" plugged into "in" and "out" plugged into "out"

DOH!