Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nadasive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Henderson, Nevada
i just bought me a dvi --> vga connector for my 2nd monitor that i bought
heres a quick question
when i connect it on mac os x leopard, what do i have to do to make it work, just connect it and it asks me what to do?
Because i want it to act as a second screen as in when i drag my pointer to the edge of my macbook's screen it would go to the other screen and vice versa
get it?

do i need an application to do that or does the computer automatically configure it for me
and i also need it to be like that on my windows vista partition, any idea on how to do that?
i have to order my dvi to vga connector and it should be coming in tomorrow or the next day, and i want to make sure

any advice would be helpful

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
It should auto detect it. You can go to System Prefs->Display to change settings on the display (main display, resolution, etc.)

polycat33

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Alexandria, VA
I'd say just try it. Then if it doesn't work ask for help, and you can give the specific problem you encountered - that's a lot easier than asking for solutions to problems you might encounter before you encounter any.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.