Connecting mouse to Apple Thunderbolt/Cinema display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zen, Aug 5, 2011.

1. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I've never had a Cinema/Thunderbolt display, but I'm planning on getting one to use with my Macbook Air, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

If the display has 3 USB ports and is advertising as a docking station, does this mean I can leave a mouse plugged into the display? Would that work with a wireless mouse which has a receiver, like a Logitech Performance MX?

2. pil0tflame macrumors member

Yes, it should work.

Since the Apple Thunderbolt Displays aren't yet available, no one can speak to any issues (such as wake from keyboard) that might come up though.

3. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

Thanks. I have an Apple bluetooth keyboard to use, so the MBA will be woken in clamshell mode with that.

But I was wondering whether the current Cinema displays supported by proposed set-up, as I am assuming that the Thunderbolt displays will be the same (although as you say nobody will know until they start shipping!).

4. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

As Thunderbolt displays have been out in the wild for a while now, can anyone comment on my original question? I'm assuming a wireless mouse with USB receiver works just fine, but I'd like to know for sure. Will be using an Apple bluetooth keyboard.