Connecting my iPhone 4s to wi fi "hotel" spots

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hakr100, Feb 19, 2012.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Sorry for such a fundamental question, but...I'm at a hotel and I have no trouble signing my macboo pro into the hotel's wi-fi, which requires a password. When I try to do the same with my iPhone4, it "finds" the hotel's wi fi and gives me an opportunity to enter the password. When I do that, however, it doesn't seem to go through and I cannot "connect." I've had no problems hooking up my iPhone to "open" commercial wi fi spots where no password is necessary, such as at Panera Bread and similar locales.

So, am IK missing a setting or two somewhere?

Thanks!

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Does the hotel have a login page that you need to enter info in? I ask this because last time I was a hotel, I saw that there was a "login" type section under the WiFi settings which I hadn't seen before. My guess is that it came with iOS 5.

EDIT* This post is what I'm referring to. It may help.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=14286623&postcount=8

3. maliu macrumors 6502a

Try opening safari, usually the hotels terms and conditions page will pop up when you attempt to load a page. You agree, then you should be good to go.

4. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Before I get there, I first have to be logged in to the hotel's account via wi fi. I cannot log in, even though I entered the PW properly.

----------

Thanks...I don't get that far.