Connecting my Mac book to TV?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pk1215, Dec 20, 2010.

1. pk1215 macrumors newbie

I have just recieved the cables necessary to connect my MacBook (black) to my TV (ie. Mini DVI to HDMI), but when I try to connect all I see is the backround of the Desktop. I am unable to see any of the Icons or the cursor? I originally bought the cables to connect, so I could watch my Hulu desktop on my TV. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.:D

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

That is because you have it set to extend your desktop, a helpful feature. All you need to do is drag a window off the right side of your display, and it should appear on the TV. I believe it's the right side anyhow, if not, try left. If you want, you can mirror displays so you have the same thing on both screens, but with that, the resolution could get a little weird, and would probably be limited to 720p, so I'd just use the extended desktop.

3. superz7 macrumors newbie

which cables

Hey PK1215,
    I am also trying to connect my macbook to my tv. I have a regular sony tv (not HD or flat screen) I have bought a mini-dvi to vga adapter, but am confused which cables should I use next. Which cables did you use?