connecting my mac mini to LCD TV with leopard installed

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by djgerbavore, Jun 3, 2008.

1. djgerbavore macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a mac mini with leopard installed. I'm trying to connect it to my westinghouse 27 LCD TV (http://www.westinghousedigital.com/details.aspx?itemnum=51) But when I connect the vga cable to my tv; I get a black screen saying invalid mode. HOWEVER, when i had tiger installed on my mac mini it displayed perfectly on my tv. I don't really want to downgrade to tiger if I don't have too.

Is there a way to get leopard to display properly on my TV? It seems to me that the mac is trying set a resolution that isn't supported by my tv. Is this a bug with leopard or is my tv being fussy with leopard.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated

- djgerbavore

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

do you get a apple logo on boot ? you might just need to reset nvram on the mac

3. djgerbavore thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, i see the logo,

Will try to that. thanks for the quick response.

BTW, I tried to connect my mac book air to my TV and I get the same results.

Thanks

4. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

back to your TV - if the Air is also not working there might be a issue on your TV

turn tv off plug in apple comp and turn tv back on , make sure you have set it to ( guessing ) PC like EXT 1 EXT2 PC ect ect

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

also your MBA will be able to do screen spanning - you'll have the screen on when you plug into your tv in prefs and display there should be detect display

Attached Files:

6. djgerbavore thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I'll try that with the air.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

7. djgerbavore thread starter macrumors newbie

I got my macbook air to display on my monitor, because I was able to change the resolution to something that works for my tv. Now is there a display profile file I can copy over to my mac mini so it will use the correct resolution. Like for example the Color Profile file in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/LTV-27w7\ HD-2149C1C1.icc

I tried copying this file over but it didn't work because this mostly deals with the color and not the resolutions. So is there a monitor or display file that will do the trick?

thanks,

djgerbavore

8. djgerbavore thread starter macrumors newbie

I think i'm going to setup screen sharing and try and change the resolution from a different computer.

Does anyone know of a file or plist that changes the resolution or at least sets a default resolution when I'm pluged into my tv.

Thanks,

djgerbavore

9. djgerbavore thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I got it to display correctly on my TV. I vnc(ed) into my mac mini when plugged into the tv and changed the resolution to the one that my tv likes and it finally displayed on my tv.

thanks,

djgerbavore