Connecting my MacBook Pro to my TV, please help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kitkatpt, Oct 23, 2010.

1. kitkatpt macrumors newbie

I'm a new MAC owner and slowly learning :eek:
    An apple consultant at Best Buy sold me the mini display port to VGA adapter, VGA display cable, and stereo audio cable. When all set up, the volume comes through the TV very very low and the only picture I get is the purple light in outerspace MacBook picture, not the movie playing on my macbook. Please help me, I have no idea how to fix this. Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Picture/video: System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement > select MIRROR DISPLAYS. (1)
    Or as said in the post below, drag the window of your choice over to the other display. You can re-arrange the position of the external display via the Arrangement tab.

Sound/audio: change the volume on the Mac via the F11/F12 keys and/or the volume on the receiving end of the cable (TV, receiver, ...).

(1)
    [​IMG]

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Seems like your turning on Monitor Extension and not Video Mirroring. Try dragging your movie picture towards the other screen, or double check the video mirroring option in the monitor preferences.

4. kitkatpt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thank-you so much! The video part is working now. I adjusted the volume on both the computer and TV and its still very low, but I can just have the volume come from the computer instead for now. Thanks again!

5. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

There is an HDMI adapter I believe made by Moshi that supports audio and video...thats probably the easiest way to hook it up....they sell this adapter at the apple store....