Connecting my TV/game consoles to my MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by LotusoftheLeaf, Oct 9, 2009.

1. LotusoftheLeaf macrumors newbie

I've been looking on Google to try to figure out how I may do this, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet.

What I'd like to do is connect my TV to my MacBook laptop to watch TV on its monitor. I'd also like to be able to play my older game consoles (SNES, GameCube and PS2) on the laptop's screen if that's at all possible. What would be the simplest, least expensive way to go about this if it can be done?

My computer is the 13 inch MacBook. My TV is an RCA brand TruFlat SDTV/DVD/MP3 combo. If there's anything more that's needed to be known about the laptop or TV, I'll try my best to figure it out.

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

The short answer: what you're asking isn't possible.

3. LotusoftheLeaf thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I bought the EyeTV and it seems to be working okay. However, there's an annoying popping/clicking sound that wasn't there at first. I'm not sure if I may have messed with something I shouldn't have, but I can't out what's causing it or how to fix it.

I'm downloading the update right now to see if that helps. I've tried disconnecting both the device from the laptop and the receiver box from the device and neither helped at all.