Connecting my Wii while running leopard

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mulliman, Dec 5, 2007.

1. mulliman macrumors newbie

I have tried several of the tutorials posted on connecting to the wii using the built-in airport form my iMac, and nothing has worked. I'm running leopard, and it seems most of the posts have been in regards to tiger or previous. Does anyone have any ideas why my wii won't connect, and if leopard may have something to with it? Any advice, thoughts, or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Hook your iMac to the internet via Ethernet and click the AirPort icon in your menubar. Scroll to Create Network... so you can name and add any security to your newly created wireless network. Et voila, instant wireless broadcast.

If you're having trouble getting your Wii to connect, try adding a WEP key to the network and see what happens. I only say that as I had to do that to get my PSP to connect to my PowerBook's broadcast. Oh, and remember, your iMac's broadcast will have a limited range so make sure the iMac and Wii are close to each other.

3. ashipoo macrumors newbie

Wii firewall

The only way I can get my Wii to conncet to my iMac using Leopard is to completely disable the firewall. I don't know if that is a good thing...I just switched to Mac from PC so there may be a better option. If anyone knows please post.