Connecting new Mac Pro to Xbox 360 via Connect360

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CST, Feb 17, 2008.

1. CST macrumors member

Hi, I just got a new Mac Pro and I'm trying to use Connect360 to stream files. The problem is the Mac Pro won't recognize the fact that there is an Xbox 360 on the network.

Internet works fine, Xbox Live works fine. I've forwarded the appropriate ports on my router (Linksys BEFSR41). By appropriate I mean the ones that Microsoft recommends in the PC testing on the Xbox. TCP 2869 10243, UDP 1900 and 10280-10284. Is there something missing? DHCP is also enabled.

Thanks for the help.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Make sure the Access Control List is disabled in the Access tab of the Connect360 settings.

3. CST thread starter macrumors member

It's disabled. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Do you have the firewall turned on in leopard? Check to make sure the appropriate ports are opened up in there too, not just in the router.

After turning starting the sharing, I connected to my macbook via my xbox, not via my computer. Did you try that? Once in the xbox dashboard, goto the media tab, pick one (video/picture/music, don't matter which) and hit X to change the source. Your mac should be in the list of sources.

5. CST thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I tried connecting via the xbox. I didn't see any port options in my preferences? In System Preferences > network or System Preferences > Sharing?

My Leopard firewall is basically off I guess. It just says "Allow all incoming connections".

6. drfunk1986 macrumors newbie

weird, i can connect everything to my xbox360 however, it only recognizes 10 songs out of my 1000+ songs in the library. Can anyone help me on this please? I don't get why it seems everything only works half the time.

7. VidProQuo macrumors newbie

I'm not too sure about this advise because I used to go through XBOX but now I stream directly to my LG home theater system.

I'm on 10.6.8.

If you go to System Preferences/Sharing, if you check the File Sharing box, then the Options button on the right side there's a box to check that's called "Share files and folders using SMB (Windows)" which I had to check to let my LG see my Mac.

Maybe you have to do that, maybe it won't help. Sorry if it doesn't help.