Connecting old cinema display (aluminum) to new macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by karatekidk, Dec 12, 2008.

1. karatekidk macrumors regular

The title says it all. I searched the forum, but just couldn't find the answer... Is it possible to connect one of those old cinema displays (or any other displays) to new aluminum macbook? If so, how?

Thank you for your time!

2. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Not sure if you are referring to the Aluminum cinema display. But, if you are, they have an adaptor that is mini display port to DVI. I am using it now, and it works great.

3. karatekidk thread starter macrumors regular

I appreciate your reply. Yes, I am hoping to get a new aluminum macbook and one of those 23" old aluminum display if I can get a good deal. I was just not sure about being able to connect those two. Sounds like I can, and I'm glad to know that.

How much that adapter costs? I guess I can just check Apple online store...

4. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

The adaptor is 29. I can confirm it works flawlessly, so you have no worries if you decide to get one.

Not trying to spam, but I have my 2 month old 23" FS in the marketplace for 599 shipped. It comes with the original box, etc... I am looking to get the new 24.

5. karatekidk thread starter macrumors regular

$29 sounds ok to me, as long as it works. Might be too late, but I might contact you to ask about your display...

Thanks!