Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Hello,
I just got a Mac mini for my parents, who i forced to switch from Windows:) Anyway, they got a Microsoft Natural Keyboard, which, after years of abuse, they know and love. It's an old PS/2 modell and it works fine on the Mac via the included PS/2 to USB adapter - unless the computer goes to sleep or is restarted. Every startup, the keyboard has to be unplugged and plugged back in to be recognized. Any ideas?

And how am I going to tell them that their parallel port scanner (Agfa 1212P) is not going to work anymore?

Sebastian

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Skip the McDonald's for a week, and buy a new Microsoft USB keyboard ...

A new scanner might mean a little more starvation.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
unfaded said:
Tell them that times have changed since 1950.

That you should do.

Even my current Windows box doesn`t have parallel ports. And I`m not sure my last one had it either (don`t remember, didn`t have a need for it).

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
dubbz said:
That you should do.

Even my current Windows box doesn`t have parallel ports. And I`m not sure my last one had it either (don`t remember, didn`t have a need for it).

The only reason my windows box still has a parallel port is because of the printer. The next one probably won't (well.. my dad said when the windows machine dies, it's MAC MINI TIME!! I'm saving up for a GIANT magnet).

Parallel = too old school for my tastes. it's all usb.

how much is a USB Scanner? $20? Froogle.gooogle it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.