Connecting the Mac Mini to my TV

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by darkpixie08, Jan 31, 2008.

1. darkpixie08 macrumors member

I'd like to connect my G4 Mac Mini to my TV, I know that I can use the s-video cable to do so, however my dvd player is currently using that input. Is there a way to connect my mini to my tv without disconnecting my dvd player? Thanks.

2. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Does you TV have VGA or DVI in, or even HDMI that isn't in use. Or do you have component in that you could hook the DVD player through to free up the Mini. Or disconnect the DVD player since the Mini does that too.

3. darkpixie08 thread starter macrumors member

I don't think my G4 has an HDMI input, and I don't believe my tv has either the VGA or DMI inputs. Oh well, thanks anyway.

4. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

dvi to hdmi cable

you can grab a dvi (which the mini has) to hdmi (which the tv probably has) cable on ebay for 10-15 bucks.

5. darkpixie08 thread starter macrumors member

6. anotherstation macrumors newbie

quick question regarding connecting my mini to the tv...

i have a RGB input in the back of my TV, which cord will i need to connect it to my mini?

also whatever this cable is, are there any other ones needed for playing movies from the mini in their highest quality possible? does all the audio/video playback work fine with this one cable?

7. tefleming macrumors 6502

By RGB, do you mean component (the three plugs that are Red Green Blue?)

You just need a DVI to RGB adapter (they seem to be running about $10 on ebay).

8. anotherstation macrumors newbie

9. mikedarrow macrumors newbie

mikedarrow

iMac running windows to HD TV

When running Windows Vista Home Premium on my Intel based iMac I cannot get it to project the desktop onto my TV using the mini DVI to VGA adaptor with the VGA port on my TV. It projects perfectly when running OS X and It worked perfectly with my old virus ridden PC the source of the frustration that caused me to make the switch to the Mac side of the force. One of the main reasons I bought windows for my Mac was to game. I was looking forward to playing battlefield 2, the world best online game on my 52 inch Mitsubishi 1080p TV. Could someone please tell me what’s going on. Before this I was a believer that the world’s best PC is a Mac.