connecting the touch to my tv

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BA-Poke, Mar 23, 2009.

1. BA-Poke macrumors newbie

I plug the usb cable into the usb outlet, and plug the audio and video components into AV1. when i click source on my remote it shows that it detects my ipod in the usb source, but it is not detecting anything being plugged into the AV1 source. I click on the usb and then click on music and it tells me no music files are being detected. Where am i going wrong?

2. mac88 macrumors 6502

I believe that you need to purchase the component to tv or composite to tv cable (depending on what type tv you have). The iPod Touch has an authentication chip in it.

3. BA-Poke thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought a Component AV Cable from them today.
    when i plug it all in, that is when i get the ipod screen to apear and it give me photo, music and settings options to click on. when i click on music it tells me no music files are detected. yet my ipod is currently playing music. Am i missing something here?

4. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

That is weird, it's coming from the headphone jack right?

5. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

So... you are plugging the usb cable into the TV?

Never tried charging my ipod through the TV USB [although strangely was only thinking of trying this the other day] From what you say, I imagine that it might be some kind of USB overide on the A/V selection..

Does it work with the USB out?