Connecting Thinkpad T61 to Airport Extreme Base

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mfacey, Aug 5, 2008.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Hi,

I've recently purchased an Apple Airport Extreme Base Station. All my Apple hardware connects wirelessly perfectly.
    I am facing problems when I try to connect my work PC (Lenovo Thinkpad T61). I use the thinkpads thinkvantage network selection tool (can't use anything else) to select the Airport's network. Association and authentic steps work great but it takes the better part of 1-2mins to get an IP-address from the router... it gets it but it takes forever.
    I've tried different channels to no avail. Is the airport a mac fanboy and not open to windows PCs?? ;)

In all seriousness, anybody have any suggestions?

2. munny macrumors newbie

I'm using a T61 wirelessly on an airport extreme (ver 7.3.2). I use Intel PROset/wireless software to connect and it takes about 15 seconds to get an IP address.

3. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

This is interesting as I use a T61 for work and it connects perfectly using the windows wireless network tool. The little wireless icon shows down by the clock and I just click it to select my network. Not sure why this wouldn't work for you. I have used both the AEBS and the Time Capsule.